Tuesday 19 April 2022

Pie Town - West End


Have been meaning to try out Pie Town for some time now, but it wasn't exactly something I was able to just conveniently walk past so I had to make a point to detour over after running some errands and checking out the nearby Korean supermarket. 


The menu at the door lay out what was available on the day with a wide variety of sweet and savoury pies. 


There were quite a few savoury pies on display when I went and they all looked very appetising. It took a while for me to choose but I went with the cheeseburger pie and the potato, cheddar and onion hand pie.


There was also an assortment of sweet pies, this time in family portions not individual and I managed to stop myself from overordering. If they had matcha custard, I probably wouldn't have been able to help myself. 


By the time I got it home, it wasn't very warm any more so I reheated it in the grill. Unfortunately I burned them a little bit on the edges.


My favourite of the two was the cheddar, potato and onion hand pie. It was snack size and full of flavour. The pastry was thick and crumbly whilst the filling was sharp and savoury. I would definitely enjoy this as a full sized family pie.


Our other pie was the cheeseburger pie. The pastry was also firm and crusty but I would have preferred a flakier one. The filling was comprised of a firm beef patty with melted American cheese and pickle. I suspect that a mince filling would have made it less dense and more enjoyable. Having said that, I'm still keen to go back at a later date and try their other offerings. 

Price Range: $5 - $15pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 7/10  

No comments:

Post a Comment