Thursday 7 April 2022

Lisboa Caffe - South Brisbane


Readers may remember that I am a huge fan of Lisboa Caffe's Portuguese tarts. I can hardly go past them in a market and not get one or two to go. Luckily for me (but unlucky for my waistline) they have now found permanent lodgings in South Brisbane along Hope Street. I went there the first week I found they opened to get some.


 

There were four varieties of tart to choose from, original, nutella, goats cheese and chicken. Prices had gone up a bit from their market prices and the minimum purchase was also two. The coffee prices were a bit shocking though, at $6 for a 12oz. I guess everyone has to keep up with the cost of living but my salary remains fixed.


Getting two tarts to go, there was no doubt I would be getting the nutella and the original.

 

The nutella tart was fresh out of the oven so I definitely had to have that one (as if I needed an excuse to get nutella anyway). Surprisingly the tart wasn't as hot as I would have thought, and I was able to hold it comfortably without being scalded. The pastry was flakey but quite firm albeit a little bit oilier than I remember they used to be. I loved the custard filling and the generous amount of nutella goodness inside. 


I also had an original as well, this was also fairly firm and had cooled significantly by the time I ate it. The batter was sweet and creamy and I love the flaky pastry. Quality is always consistent and I can't wait to get some more.

Price Range: $10 - $15pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 4/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment