Friday 29 April 2022

Milk Flower - Sunnybank


After my last suggestion from a reader, I had received a couple to try out the reasonably new Milk Flower for their drinks at Sunnybank Plaza. With their opening, this makes the 9th bubble tea place in the complex, not even counting the cafes. How much until saturation? It has still yet to be reached apparently. Anyway, I hadn't been as enthused about this place because fruity milk teas are not really my cup of tea, but since I was running some errands nearby, it made for a good opportunity to try it out.


There was a constant stream of customers on the Saturday morning that I attended. Service was friendly and efficient.


The menu was quite short compared to its competitors with a definite fruit theme along with yoghurts and smoothies. Mango milk really isn't my cup of tea, I'd have a sip if Dr L ordered it but he was in the mood for his usual.


Without deviating too much from our usual, he had the Signature Thai Milk Tea which came with pearls and I had the Watermelon Green Tea.


Both were fairly good. My Watermelon Green Tea wasn't too sweet, it had a refreshing green tea taste that wasn't overpowered by watermelon. In saying that, there was also not all that much watermelon content in the drink but the flavours struck a good balance and it wasn't too sweet but also extremely refreshing. It was a good drink after running so many errands. His came in a cute jar, the tea was very creamy and had a strong fragrant taste to it. The pearls were chewy and had a good texture to it. We liked the packaging but wonder if the portion would be a bit bigger if it was in a standard cup instead. Having said that, we enjoyed our drinks and whilst it doesn't stand out as a place I would go out of my way to return to, I would definitely not be opposed to coming back to try their other drinks.

Price Range: Under $10pp

Taste: 7.5/10 
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment