Tuesday 18 July 2023

3 Sisters - Coopers Plains


Recently, I found out that one of the branches of my gym had a bring a friend for free promotion on Saturday. Bringing Brisvegustation with me to get fit, we also had to get takeaway home to feed our respective households. This particular Saturday, I opted to pick up lunch at 3 Sisters Korean Restaurant. Having enjoyed their Kimbap from Hanaro Mart, I was keen to have it fresh from the source.


The shopfront was quite small with a few tables available for those who want to dine in. The menu comprised of fried chicken, kimbap, tempura and set menu options. These were all quite reasonably priced and I would be keen to try the other options on a later day.


My focus on the day was of course the Kimbap. Ordering at the counter, I thought that the owner would just take some premade ones out from behind the counter. Instead, she made them fresh on the spot, which impressed me greatly. By the time I got home, the rice was still warm, which was a great touch.


Between Dr L and I, we had two rolls to share, this was the Tuna Kimbap. It had canned tuna, carrots and some pickles. The roll wasn't anywhere as large as Queen's gimbap but it had a fairly good rice to filling ratio. The fillings were fairly standard but wholesome with a generous amount of mayo tuna and crunchy pickles. 


I also had a serve of bulgogi gimbap. I didn't like it as much as the tuna which was more flavoursome. The beef was also a little coarse but had a mellow soy flavour to it which I enjoyed. 

I quite liked the gimbap at 3 sisters, it wasn't as big nor as generous as Queen's gimbap at Underwood, however the rolls are also roughly half the price. Given its convenience near the gym I attend on Saturday, I will probably be back quite frequently.
 

Price Range: Under $10pp

Taste: 7/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment