Tuesday 4 July 2023

Sincerity by Jacorey - Upper Mt Gravatt


Readers may be reminded that we had quite a good time at Jacorey cafe at the Valley. I was quite excited to hear that they opened a second branch out at Mt Gravatt, which meant not needing to take the bus into the city to get my fix. Arriving at 9am on a Saturday, the place was packed and it was hard to get a table. They also do not take reservations. Unlike their valley store, there was no menus and we had to rely on ordering via the display cabinet, which was also unmarked with prices. 

 

Getting drinks first, I had a matcha latte with an extra shot of espresso whilst my friend had a latte. I was quite shocked that my drink (even with the extra shot), came to $7.30. The large size was probably closer to the medium sizes I could get elsewhere and the shot was also about half the size of usual. The drink itself was quite well done, the milk was silky smooth but the matcha was quite sweet. For that price, I couldn't recommend it. 


In terms of food, we opted for some dishes to share because we couldn't choose. It's also noteworthy to state here that they don't sell chubby sandos in their Mt Gravatt branch. 


First up was the bulgogi croissant with cheese corn. The croissant was buttery and flakey but there wasn't too much by way of beef inside of it. The cheesy corn was stringy and sweet though, but overall not that special compared to other croissants I have tried. The salad on the side was a nice touch but overall, I don't think it warranted the price.


The brekky croissant also represented similar value for money, with some tomato, sausage and a poached egg inside of the croissant, it was delicious, but didn't stand out compared to cafes near work where I could get one to go before starting my day. 


Looking for something more unique, we had the brown cheese croissant as our sweet option. The base croissant was the same as above, it was topped with a considerable amount of cream and an odd caramelised sweet and savoury cheese. I found it to be quite decadent and the cheese to be quite strongly flavoured, probably not something I would go back for either.


They did however, have brownies for sale, I ordered a box to take home for dessert. These were flavoursome, not too sweet and had a sticky texture to it and a fragrant rice smell to them. I quite enjoyed these and wouldn't be adverse to popping in for some to go, but other than that, I'd have to say that the food and drink were not that impressive here and I'd much rather go back to their original valley store.

Price Range: $20 - $30pp

Taste: 6/10
Value: 3/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment