Tuesday 25 July 2023

Gelateria Amoroso - Sunnybank Hills


Sunnybank regulars may have noticed that a new gelato shop has opened fairly recently in Pinelands Plaza. I hadn't paid all that much attention to it when it first opened, as I wanted to wait for the weather to warm up a bit before I sought out some more Gelato. However this thought was dashed after I saw some posts about their Matcha gelato online, which looked both strong and authentic. So I dragged Dr L with me to go out right after dinner and brave the cold for some gelato.



The shop is not particularly big with about a dozen small tables. Not only do they sell gelato, they also have a selection of basque cheesecakes, croffles and coffee. Gelato flavours were undeniably skewed towards Asian tastes, with both matcha and hojicha on the cards. Prices were 50c lower than Milani at Market Square.



As you would have all guessed by now, I had the matcha and Dr L had the chocolate. The matcha was as I had envisaged, reasonably strong and very fragrant. I found the flavours to be more intense than Milani but to have a better texture than Sonder next door. I also liked the addition of the waffle cookie which was a nice touch. Trying some of Dr L's chocolate, it was as intense as Milani with a texture that was definitely comparable. I think we've found our new go to for gelato!



Despite being quite full, I was dying to try out the Basque Cheesecake as well. The matcha flavours were intense and it was also not too sweet. However as a basque cheesecake, it was a little bit overdone as there was no creamy centre, rather it was a bit overcooked and as such the texture was a bit coarse. So the gelato was quite good, but I probably wouldn't go back for another slice of basque cheesecake. I wouldn't say no to trying their croffles later down the track though.


Price Range: $5 - $15pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 7.5/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment