Monday 2 February 2015

Beach House Bar and Grill - Brisbane CBD


Last Friday, my colleagues and I decided that we wanted to go somewhere nice to celebrate the start of the year, and the end of the week. We settled for Beach House at Myer Centre.


Despite being situated in Myer Centre, Beach House is what I consider semi Al Fresco. It doesnt have windows, so fresh air and sunlight is easily accessible. On the downside though, it is very hot during summer. Luckily we went on a relatively mild day.


Beach House operates on a order and pay at the counter basis. Whilst you wait, you get to watch as others meals are prepared to be served. Mouth watering indeed.


After ordering, we got a table, and a buzzer.







Cutlery and sauces are also obtained on a DIY basis.



Being a Bar and Grill, the bar offers a wide assortment of drinks, of which several of my companions ordered. They were really refreshing on a hot summers day.


One of the meals I often have at beach house, is their lunch special rump. For $12.90, you get a pretty decent sized rump with chips and salad. Today my colleague had it with mushroom sauce. Usually the steak is quite tender for a rump, and its a great deal for the price. Personally, I would have preferred a simple caesar salad though.


Another colleague got the calamari and chips. Usually her preferred spot to get it in the cbd is Fridays on Eagle Street, but after having the one at Beach house she said that this is far superior. In terms of the calamari, the batter was light, the flesh was thick cut and tender without being chewy.


Another colleague, who I consider the biggest steak fanatic I know, ordered the 400g rump with mushroom sauce. Of the steaks places available in Brisbane, he considers Beach House to be one of the best, a clear indication of the quality.


I ordered the 300 gram rib fillet, served with my usual pepper sauce served rare. The meat was tender and not overly fatty and had a strong beefy flavour.


My only concern with the steak is that it wasn't really served rare. As you can see from the photo, I'd consider it to be medium rare at most. I would have liked it better if it was more rare. Other than this,  whilst its not gourmet, I think that it was a really solid effort.

I note that whilst Beach House has quite a mixed review from other patrons, for the price, I consider it to be quite good value for a steak of solid quality. I was quite pleased with my meal, and it is where I go when I want a quick steak lunch during the limited lunch hour.

Price Range: $12 - $35 per person

Taste: 7/10
Value: 7.5/10
Service: 5/10 (everything is self serve basis)
Environment: 6/10 (as an indoors person, I'd really appreciate air conditioning)

Beach House Bar & Grill CBD on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment