Sunday 15 February 2015

Le Bon Choix (Edward St) - Brisbane CBD





Those who know me,will know without a doubt that I am a big fan of cake. Whilst I love the asian bakeries like any other HongKonger would, I am also a huge fan of Le Bon Choix.

A regular hangout of mine is their Queen Street branch, where I go to get autentic french pastries when I need the extra motivation and encouragement to cope with work. I was very excited when they opened a second branch on Edward Street, and went down there for tea one Friday afternoon.


Upon entering, we were greeted by the sound of a French 'Bonjour', and the sight of all the delectable little cakes on display. A word of warning for potential customers though, they tend to run out of cakes/bread at the end of the day so its probably best to go earlier if possible.


We ordered at the counter and found a table.


I found the decor to be very aesthetically pleasing and reminiscent of a Parisian Street. I particularly liked the added touch of the street lamp, which undoubtedly gave it an outdoor feel despite being indoors.


Our food arrived rather promptly, and we took a few minutes to take in all that was in front of us.



My friend ordered the Jocelyn, which was a coffee and chocolate mousse with ginger brulee. She ordered it because of the gold dusted sugar pieces, which she found intriguing. She said that she found the ginger brulee to be quite striking and unexpected.


I found my flat white to be quite comforting, especially in a mug. It wasnt the best coffee ever (Merlos), but it wasnt bad. The thing I really enjoy at Le Bon Choix though, are their Macarons. What stands out in their macarons, is their creme filling, which is better than any of the other ones I've had elsewhere. I highly recommend it.


In terms of my choice in cake, my usual preference is for the Miroula (chocolate macadamia mousse), but that was out of stock by the time i got there, so I ordered the Lenette, which was a white chocolate mouse with pear jelly. Usually, I avoid white chocolate, because it seems too sweet for my tastes, but the pear jelly definitely balanced it out for me. 

Price Range: $10 - $15 per person

Taste: 8.5/10
Value: 6/10
Service: 8.5/10
Environment: 8.5/10



Le Bon Choix on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment