Sunday 27 November 2016

Alimentari - Brisbane CBD


Halfway through last week, I found myself up on the Spring Hill end of the city foraging for lunch, after having a work appointment nearby. Not having worked at this end of town for two years now, it was refreshing to be back in the area and I took the opportunity to try out Alimentari, which I used to walk past on a daily basis but took the time to try.


Arriving at just past 12, I was grateful to be seated inside, away from the sweltering heat outside. I noted though that they didn't have air conditioning on, but at the fan was sufficient, and the light jazz music had quite a calming effect.


The menu contained quite a bit of traditional Italian fare, with quite a selection of rustic mains and pastas. 


I made my order, and water was provided quite promptly, but I noticed that for some reason other tables were offered complimentary bread, but I wasn't, which was quite disappointing, as my food took longer than expected to arrive.


Upon ordering my food, I had mentioned to the waitress that I was in a slight hurry (as I had to finish my lunch to make it back for an afternoon appointment), but unfortunately my food still took approximately another 25 minutes to be served, which left me with around 15 minutes to rush my meal. I ordered the Spaghetti with Meatballs that day, which came with a generous portion of Parmesan cheese, on top and on the side. The pasta erred on the side of soft rather than al dente, and the meat balls could have been meatier in texture (it felt like it contained more breadcrumbs than meat), but the sauce was tangy and fresh, which I really enjoyed, and the fresh herbs on top were appreciated. 


Price Range: $20 - $30pp

Taste: 6/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 6/10
Environment: 7/10

Alimentari Bar e Trattoria Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment