Monday 21 November 2016

Nodo Donuts - Brisbane CBD


With the summer well and truly hitting Brisbane, there is little doubt that I would hole up in the office and refuse to travel far for food (especially during the hot lunch hour), which is why I was thankful not to need to walk too far to indulge in an afternoon snack at Nodo Doughnuts, situated on the Eagle Street end of Elizabeth Street, a stone throw away from my office. 


Compared to the other doughnut chains like Krispy Kreme and Doughnut time, Nodo prides itself on being gluten free, as well as baked rather than fried. A colleague and I headed down to get some and were instantly entranced by how pretty they all looked. 

After a long deliberation, my companion settled on the Passionfruit Coconut doughnut. Being one who isn't a fan of sweets, he actually really enjoyed the doughnut, especially for its texture and sharp passionfruit tang.


Being a big fan of chocolate, I settled on the Strawberry and Hazelnut. Whilst the doughnut definitely had a strong chocolate hazelnut hit, it was somewhat lacking in the strawberry department. Nevertheless, I could definitely taste that it was a lot more healthier than other doughnuts I've had. Indeed, the texture of the doughnut was far more similar to a lighter style muffin than other doughnuts. I definitely ate it with a lot less guilt afterwards.

 

I washed that doughnut down with a small cappuccino. Whilst it wasn't as strong as I would have liked, it was surprisingly creamy, and had a rich foam that lasted quite a while.


Price Range: $5.50 per doughnut

Taste: 7.5/10
Value: 6/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7.5/10


NoDo Donuts Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment