Monday 2 October 2017

Bar Merlo - St Lucia


Despite having indulged ourselves at Kai Kai Chicken, a trip to UQ is never complete without a stop over at my beloved Bar Merlo at Duhig Building, just next to the Social Sciences Library. During my student days, I had spent many an afternoon sitting in the bar, sipping my favourite Vienna. Arriving on a Sunday afternoon, it was somewhat deserted, and has been refurbished since my school days.


We could still order at the counter, but  my favourite Vienna has long been removed from the menu.


After ordering we sat down. An immediate improvement that I noted was the usb wall chargers in each of the booths. A definite must for busy uni students. 


My companion ordered a cold brew. The black bear brand is one that is brewed by merlo, and was premade and packaged in the typical cold brew bottle.  It was cool and refreshing with the signature smooth nutty tastes and rich texture, though it did lean towards the sweet end of the spectrum. 


Due to the hot weather, I opted for the blended iced coffee. It was made with the usual home made vanilla gelato and espresso. I loved the strong coffee hit, which is rare in iced coffee (quite a few chain stores use syrup), and the smooth but sweet texture that the gelato added. This is definitely my favourite iced coffee in Brisbane.


Price Range: Under $10pp

Taste: 8.5/10
Value: 8.5/10
Service: 8.5/10
Environment: 9/10

Bar Merlo Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. with the help of one of the best consultant for further details visit the site
    Saint lucia citizenship program
    Saint lucia investment program
    Caribbean Investment Programs
    saint lucia island program

    with the help of one of the best consultant for further details visit the site

    ReplyDelete