Friday 20 October 2017

Contra - Brisbane CBD


As a long time matcha fan, a classmate told me several months ago that she had stumbled on Contra in Wintergarden which sold some pretty decent matcha in the CBD. Not wanting to delay any further, I went there quite a few times to leave disappointed to hear that their matcha had been sold out for the day. Since then, they had even relocated to McArthur Central before I managed to finally get my dose of matcha.


Ordering at the counter, I settled on a cold one due to the warm weather. Apparently they offer a non sweetened version as their drink is naturally sweet, so I tried that.


The drink itself was an interesting shade of green, a slight variation on the usual ones I have, leaning more towards a shade of grey than the usual warmer green colours. Despite being unsweetened, it was as the staff suggested, mildly sweet which I quite enjoyed. I found it to be slightly on the watery side more than it was rich, which was good in the context of that warm afternoon. I would have preferred a stronger matcha taste though.


Price Range: $3 - $10pp

Taste: 6/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 6/10

Contra Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment