Tuesday 17 October 2017

Sweet Treats - Brisbane CBD


Long term readers of my blog would know that I am a big fan of Sweet Treats Dessert Cafe. Having been to both their Runcorn and Sunnybank Hills store I was greatly saddened to see their Sunnybank store close down earlier in the year to be replaced by Hey Sweets! which didn't really live up to my expectations. Thankfully as I was walking through Myer last week, I saw that they had opened a new branch, in the upper food court of the Myer Centre. Meeting up with a friend that day, we decided to grab some afternoon tea there.



The setup was relatively simple with drinks on the menu board and a small selection of cakes to order from the display. As usual it was counter service and after ordering staff bring out the food.



Like their main store, they also had a selection of signature desserts available to order which are a little more fancy than the standard cakes.

 

After ordering, we grabbed some seats inside. I found their decor to be really quite cute, especially the doraemon drawing.


Drinks came quite quickly afterwards, with Queen V ordering a Caramel Macchiato and I had a Hojicha Latte. She found hers to be quite sweet and milky, which deviated from my expectation of coffee with only a spot of milk. My hojicha was also quite rich and creamy, but I found it to be a little lacking in the burnt tea taste that I enjoy so much.


In terms of food, Queen V ordered a matcha creme brulee. It came in an aluminium container, probably to facilitate take away orders, but it noticeably lacked the scoop of ice cream that the Runcorn store also comes with. Whilst creamy, she commented that it was a bit sweet and had quite a metallic taste to it. The ones in a ceramic container are definitely far superior.



I ordered a Tiramisu, which also came in a plastic container for ease of take away. I also found it to be quite rich and smooth, but lacking in the taste department. Other than the creaminess of the mascarpone, I experienced very little by way of coffee flavours, which was a little disappointing.


Price Range: $5 - $15pp

Taste: 5/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 6/10


Sweet Treats Dessert Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment