Saturday 31 March 2018

Chatime - St Lucia


Back in my uni days at UQ St Lucia, one of my major complaints was the lack of food and drink options, being absolutely green with envy at some friends who had easy access at QUT Gardens Point to all the food in the CBD. Fortunately for current students now, there have been considerable improvements since the time in which I was studying full time. Having heard that even Chatime has opened a branch there, I made a point to check it out before Japanese class. 


It took me a while to locate, but the tiny store was situated inside of Schonell Theatre. Compared to the city store, their menu seemed to be a bit more condensed. Even my standard blue mountain green tea was off the menu! Needless to say, I was left with no choice but to venture out of my comfort zone and try something else.



At least Queen V's standard green tea yakult with aloe was on the menu. Trying out something new, I settled on a lemon green tea. 


My lemon green tea was refreshing and had a nice sour lemon tang which didn't overpower the green tea. I would definitely have preferred a stronger flavoured tea though, and the lemon taste was a little artificial, but at least bubble tea is now available at UQ, a reality I would have loved back when I was studying.


Price Range: $3 - $7pp

Taste: 7/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 6/10
ChaTime Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment