Wednesday 28 March 2018

Sushi Kenzen - Fortitude Valley


Last lesson in Japanese survival and last opportunity to get take out. Taking the easy way out and getting a repeat, I noted that foodora was doing free delivery on select stores. Having long been curious about Sushi Kenzen (but too lazy to walk all the way out to Fortitude Valley for it), it made for a perfect opportunity for me to get it for dinner.




The availability of an online menu made it very easy for me to get Queen V's order, and allowed me plenty of perusal and consideration before having to commit.


Wanting to try out their highly customisable sushi rolls, I was very pleased to see that this was also available online. So of course I ordered one.





Next thing I knew, our orders were delivered with perfect timing. 


Also wrapped in paper (therefore making it squish prone), I loved (and agree with) the branding, and would go so far as to say that sushi is a religion, to which I am utterly devout.



  

Queen V had three sushi rolls, Lemon Chicken, Beef Avocado and Chicken Avocado. They were also wrapped in plastic for eating without chopsticks. Compared to other sushi chains, the rolls were considerably larger in size, albeit a little more expensive than the usual. The topping to rice ratio wasn't particularly generous, but it was decent, and Queen V enjoyed the meal.



My fully customised 8 inch sushi roll was a bit squished, and the sauces had leaked out quite a bit by the time it came for me to eat it, which left more to be desired when it came to packaging of the sushi roll. Owing to the time lag to eat the roll, my lettuce had already become quite soggy, but nevertheless, the avocado and eel was very tasty and packed full of flavour, whilst the wakame gave it added texture and crunch. For the price of $10.80 though, it was roughly the length of two of Queen V's sushi rolls, so hers was definitely better value, but I did enjoy the customisation elements

Price Range: $10 - $15pp

Taste: 7/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10

Sushi Kenzen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment