Friday 16 March 2018

The Roll Shop - Brisbane CBD


One of the things on my longstanding bucket list has been to learn Japanese, and with an upcoming trip there was really no better opportunity for me to do so than here and now. But alas, how does a girl holding down a full time job with gaming and blogging commitments find time to go to class? Enter UQ with its institute of modern languages courses, which allowed Queen V and I to go after work hours. With that sorted, all we needed was dinner during the class. Of course I volunteered to grab us take out. Which is why I found myself loitering around Gresham Lane pondering dinner options when I spied the Roll Shop. 


The signboard up top showcased their simple selection of Vietnamese fare, including rolls, salads and bread rolls. The staff behind the counter were also busy making the rolls, so I was quite assured of their freshness. 



With a considerable gap between lunchtime and our intended consumption at dinner, I queried their ability to keep without refrigeration, to which I was advised by the friendly staff that it would be no issue at all, so I placed my order and got takeaway. 



Queen V had the lemongrass chicken salad, in regular. For $7 it was excellent value, having generous chunks of shredded lemongrass chicken, lettuce and cucumber on top of a bed of rice noodles. It proved to keep well, with the greens still maintaining some crunch while the chicken was very tasty. 


 

My dinner was also $7, comprising of three rice paper rolls, two BBQ pork and one chicken. Whilst the rolls were really heavy and packed with lots of lettuce and rice noodles, I couldn't help but have food envy as Queen Vs had a lot more toppings than mine. Nevertheless the rolls were fresh, the rice paper very soft and elastic, and it went well with the complimentary hoi sin sauce. 


Price Range: $5 - $15pp

Taste: 7/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 7/10


The Roll Shop Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment