Wednesday 2 October 2019

Mitoki - Kangaroo Point


Always on the hunt for good Japanese food around Brisbane, I had recently heard great things about Mitoki in Kangaroo Point. Frankly I had known of its existence for some time now, however I thought it was difficult to get to, so never ventured out there. Turns out that it was only a 5 minute ferry ride away from work, and I managed to get there faster than a stroll out to Fortitude Valley.


The restaurant itself happened to be at the ground floor of a hotel, but the setup was decidedly Japanese. With a fairly open dining area, I'm glad to have come before the heat of summer completely took over.


Taking a quick look into the kitchen, I was pleased to see the familiar face of Mr Hosokawa, who had recently started at Mitoki. It was at that point I knew my meal would be a delight.


Ordering was via ipad, which was great for efficiency. I particularly liked the lunch specials they had.


Being a warm day, I started off with a crisp Kirin and awaited my food.



First up was my beloved Chirashi Don. It was definitely a sight to behold. With salmon, tuna, kingfish, bonito, arc shell, scallop and prawn, I was almost at a loss of where to begin eating. I loved how generous and thick cut each of the pieces were. Served with wonderfully seasoned sushi rice, it was one of my best meals of the year. 


Not wanting to limit myself to one dish, I also had a portion of tuna nigiri on the side. Again the fish was extremely thick cut and generous, almost completely covering the rice. Given the price of the nigiri, I would have expected a slightly fattier cut, however it was still very satisfying. Had a really enjoyable lunch at Mitoki, and will definitely be back soon.

Price Range: $25 - $40pp

Taste: 8.5/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10

Mitoki Japanese Modern Tapas Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. Nice information, I always like this city. All restaurants offers delicious foods at There. I always like the preparation of Fusion & Dumplings House. They are providing all types of foods according to the country.

    ReplyDelete