Wednesday 22 September 2021

Espresso and Matcha's Seventh Anniversary

Dear Readers,

September the 23rd marks yet another anniversary, this time the seventh of it's kind and one I didn't think I'd ever reach.

This time last year, I had thought that the global pandemic would surely be over by now and we could go back to travelling interstate and overseas. Unfortunately as I write this, half the country is still locked down and the rest of us are still at the whims of the state. It has been a fairly challenging year for all of us, local businesses have had to learn to cope with random closures, staff have had to learn work within these parameters and everyone else knows that any bookings or plans they make could be cancelled at any point. 

Through this, I guess the theme of the year has to be resilience. I believe I have grown considerably in the last year, coming to terms with what is within my control and what is outside of it. From cancelled trips to changing careers after eight years at my last work, change is inevitable and the most we can do is smile graciously despite what life throws at us and try to do our best. 

On that note, I too will continue to do what I can and hope that you can continue with me on the journey.

-by Hsiaofu

No comments:

Post a Comment