Sunday 19 September 2021

Oiian Tea - Brisbane CBD


Was somewhat saddened by the closure of Oiian Tea in Myer Centre, which I guess was an indication of peak saturation of bubble tea stores per square kilometre. Having been working from home a majority of the time meant that I was unable to visit before it's demise. Making up for it, I made the trek up to visit their Brisbane Quarter store.


The drinks were largely similar to their original store. Of note, egg waffle wasn't available when I went and they also had an array of sandwiches. I was the only customer for the whole time I was there, so I'd wonder how long this store will last too. Staff were friendly and gracious.


Unfortunately my Coffee Milk Tea was definitely underwhelming. Despite two theoretically strong elements, the drink was weak and watery, tasting more like watery milk with hints of tea and even less of a hint of coffee, I had to actually get another coffee just to get the required amount of caffeine. This was very disappointing and I won't be back anytime soon.

Price Range: $5 - $10pp

Taste: 4/10
Value: 4/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment