Thursday 16 September 2021

Teaology Lab - South Brisbane


Despite the vast array of apartments in West End, it never seems to have enough bubble tea, but this seems to slowly be rectifying itself. After the opening of Heeretea at West Village, Teaology Lab opened along Melbourne St to satisfy more locals with bubble tea cravings.


A couple of friends and I checked it out a few weeks ago for a quick beverage before dinner. I liked the natural beige hues and relaxing ambiance. The menu was a bit different from the usual with a stronger focus on tea and a few options I had never encountered before. 


Trying something a bit different, I had the Hojicha latte with sago. I had initially wanted it with milk foam but that had sold out. The sago was pretty good with it's firm centre, but the tea was quite weak. It didn't have as much of the burnt caramelised flavours I would have liked and it was quite watery. I was definitely expecting something stronger and creamier, given the options across the river, I don't think I'll be back anytime soon.

Price Range: $5 - $10pp

Taste: 5/10
Value: 6/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment