Saturday 4 September 2021

PJs Steaks - Brisbane CBD


Readers may remember the fairly pleasant experience I had with Sushi On at Gresham Lane, I made a point to go back and check it out again for the other half of the store, PJs Steaks. Having tried their Fortitude Valley branch last time and not being overly impressed, I was keen to see how this would stack up.


Being tied up with work meant that I arrived at 12, being peak time, the store was quite full and definitely the most popular in the laneway. I got in the line and thankfully it moved quite fast.


I got the classic cheese steak with a side of fries. This was better than the one I had in the Valley in all respects. The bun was super soft and fluffy with a lightly buttered interior. The steak they used was thinly sliced and not overly fatty, I love the caramelised onion and peppery steak. The melty cheese really glued the beef together to make for an indulgent meal that didn't make me feel gross after. The chips were also executed well, crisp and fresh with a light dusting of salt. Definitely a meal that I'd come back for again.

Price Range: $10 - $20pp

Taste: 8.5/10
Value: 9/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 6/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment