Saturday 16 October 2021

Aqua Poke - Brisbane CBD


Poke is defined as a Hawaiian dish, literally translated into "cut crosswise into pieces", it comprises of diced raw fish that is either eaten as an appetiser or a main. In contrast, Chirashi Sushi is a bowl of rice topped with raw fish and a garnish of vegetables. So can a dish be both poke and chirashi? That's the question I asked and answered when I got some lunch last week from Aqua Poke at the Myer Centre.


Ordering ahead of time meant it was ready and waiting for me to pick it up. Service was very friendly.


Taking it back to my office, I was glad to see that it didn't get damaged too much in transit. I had a regular bowl with salmon and tuna, spinach, tomatos, cucumber, tamago and tobiko with some added scallop sashimi. The base was sushi rice and it was topped with seaweed salad as well as seaweed, all very common additions to a chirashi don. It was notable that the truffle soy I asked for was non existent, however at least the sushi rice was well seasoned enough to ensure the bowl was well flavoured. I found the sashimi to be quite fresh, although the portion could have been more generous, but the flavours went together well and it made for a delicious light and healthy lunch. 
 

Price Range: $15 - $20pp

Taste: 7.5/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment