Friday 1 October 2021

Santa Monica - Brisbane CBD



Every week I try to explore the vicinity of my new workplace for some interesting lunch ideas. Starting close to the office, I wandered down for a quick take away from Santa Monica. I had tried to order my food in advance online for pick up but due to some confusion in the kitchen, they hadn't even started making my food by the time I arrived. In a way it was annoying because I had to wait longer for my meal but it was also good because I knew that what I was a getting was fresh.


Luckily it didn't take too long and my relatively simple order was completed within 5 minutes. I had the Truffle Wagyu Burger, which came with a side of fries for good measure. The portion of chips was really generous and they were freshly fried and lightly salted. The only thing that would have made them better would have been some dip, otherwise they were fantastic.


The burger wasn't as great as the chips, The bun wasn't overly fresh, and it was a little dry and stale. The beef patty was also a little dry even though it was pink enough inside. This was somewhat alleviated by the creamy truffle sauce which was the highlight of the burger. Despite being freshly made, the cheese hadn't really melted and was a little plastic-y on top of the pattie. Salad was a little lacking too. Overall not somewhere I'd go back to in a hurry. 


Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 6/10
Value: 5/10
Service: 5/10
Environment: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment