Thursday 7 October 2021

Laced Espresso - Brisbane CBD


It is not an understatement to say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. In fact a good breakfast can put most people in a good mood for the rest of the day. The opposite is true also. Last week, I managed to get into the city with an extra 10 minutes to spare thanks to the bus being faster than usual for once. Pondering whether or not to go to the office early, I decided instead to treat myself to a rare breakfast before work to start the day on a high note. To this point I was reminded that a friend had told me about Laced, a sneaker store and cafe on Adelaide St, which was on my way to work. I decided to try it out.


When I arrived, there was only one lady waiting for her coffee before me, so I was served fairly quickly. 


Opting for a brekky roll and coffee combo, I was expecting something similar to my usual at Bellezza in Blue Tower where my meal would be ready in less than 5 minutes. Unfortunately the same could not be said about laced, who turned my being early by 10 minutes to being late by 5 minutes which was all the more surprising as they weren't overly busy that morning.


Coffee wise, I had a skinny cappuccino. This was served quite hot. It wasn't overly strong nor was the milk particularly creamy, but it was fragrant and had the requisite caffeine hit. The coffee prices though are a little more expensive than other local cafes so given that quality is average, there doesn't appear to be much reason to return for the coffee.



I was really surprised at how long it took for them to make the brekky roll which I had presumed would have been largely pre made, save for reheating due to the expected early morning volume. This was not the case and it took an exceptionally long time for them to make. This would have been forgivable if the roll was particularly tasty, but it was not. The bread roll was a little stale and quite hard. The bacon was also dry and the egg was a little overdone. Give the fairly dry combination, the lack of sauce made it all the less palatable. It pains me to say that this is probably one of the worst breakfasts I've had in town lately. Given the level of competition that other venues offer, I definitely won't be back.

Price Range: $5 - $15pp

Taste: 4/10
Value: 4/10
Service: 4/10 (friendly but SO slow)
Environment: 6/10
 

No comments:

Post a Comment