Friday 22 October 2021

Malolo Poke - Brisbane CBD


Having enjoyed a super delicious poke bowl recently, I decided that this week would be a good opportunity to try out another place in town. This week's poke bowl comes from Malolo Poke, conveniently situated in Gresham lane. Like last week, I ordered ahead of time and the food was waiting for me the moment I arrived.


Like last time, the poke bowl came back to the office with me unscathed. Unlike Aqua, there were a lot less Japanese type ingredients. My bowl comprised of a brown rice and cabbage base topped with tuna and salmon. It also had cucumber, onion, shallots, kale, citrus ponzu, shallots and tobiko.


Compared to last time, the flavours were definitely more intense. The salmon and tuna were unfortunately not as fresh though, but there was an ample amount of sauce to cover up the fishiness. The rice was fairly firm and coarse as is expected of brown rice, but this was also complimented by the citrus ponzu. Portion wise this wasn't too generous and although I was full after it, I became hungry pretty soon after. I think next time I'll stick with either Cheeky or Aqua poke.


Price Range: $15 - $25

Taste: 6/10
Value: 6/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment