Sunday 29 May 2022

Broken Hearts Burger Club - West End


With the constant rain of late, we've been fairly lazy to go out which means that I have to cook almost every meal in. As much as I enjoy the creative outlet, I do get bored and so last week we made the effort to go out for dinner, even though there wasn't anything we particularly wanted, just to stretch our legs and walk around a bit. It just so happened that we ended up at West End. Not having had burgers for a little while now, we grabbed a quick bite at Broken Hearts Burger Club at the Montague Markets.


We really enjoyed their first store at Morningside and were pleased to see the menu carried over to their West End store without too much change. Service was friendly and our food came out relatively quickly.



Before we knew it, our food had arrived and just in time as we were famished.

 

He had the Oklahoma double and I had the Fancy Double. The bun was soft but not as light and fluffy as I had remembered from the Morningside store and the patties were not as thin and crisp. Having said that, the salads were fresh in my fancy burger and his onions were well caramelised. The patties were also of a good size and well seasoned. All up, not a bad burger but not as good as my recent favourite at Barbecue Mafia.


We also had a share portion of cheesy fries. They were exactly as ordered, shoestring and crispy. They were doused with a generous amount of American Cheese. Although the portion was large, I think they would have been all the more enjoyable if they were a bit more seasoned but still they were very delicious. Would come back if I was in the area but otherwise I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment