Wednesday 1 June 2022

Lucky Bridge - Sunnybank



Last Friday night, my initial intention was to grab some Korean BBQ. Unfortunately, Dr L forgot about this and pigged out on Mexican food for lunch. When the subject of dinner was brought up, he mentioned that he was outrageously full and we'd have to take a raincheck on our BBQ dinner, much to my disappointment. Having already arrived in Sunnybank already, I decided a good backup plan would be to try out Lucky Bridge at Market Square, which had been on my radar for some time yet, so off we went. 



Arriving at six, the place was half full and filled up quickly after our arrival. The menu was Northern Chinese with the signature dish being noodles with a side of skewers. I found their combo options to be fairly attractive too.



We ordered at the counter and service was fast. They brought out share bowls quickly and our food came soon after.


Having an inkling that he wasn't entirely honest when he said he was extremely full, I erred on the side of caution and ordered a little more than one person's portion in case he wanted to eat some of my food. This was Set C with an added skewer of enoki mushrooms. The chicken tenderloin was a bit dry but still very flavoursome. The pork skewers were equally so without losing their moisture. The enoki was delicious topped with cumin. I'd come back for their skewers alone.


My single size portion of rice noodle casserole with sliced beef was a generous serve for one person. Unfortunately it was not enough when your supposedly "not hungry" boyfriend decides to take half. With regards to soup, I got to choose the spice level and opted with non spicy, the clear broth was wholesome and warming. The noodles were tender but as per usual, rice noodles don't really get soggy, which is great. I enjoyed the meaty sliced beef and the shredded tofu inside too, which was great. Overall, the meal was wholesome and great value for money, I'll definitely be back to try their other options.

Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment