Monday 17 January 2022

Addictea - Sunnybank Hills


Tried out the new-ish Addictea which had opened next to Sonder, after a quick dinner out with the Dr. We had previously tried their store at Southbank and really liked it, so were glad to see them open a new one at Sunnybank Hills. 


Compared to their other store, this had a far more futuristic theme and the menu appeared a bit different and limited.. I think I prefer the feel of their Southbank store a bit more. Luckily there wasn't too much of a queue and our orders were taken relatively quickly.



What I did find interesting was their cannisters of tea leaves and their teaspresso machines. Other than Comebuy at Garden City, I don't think I've seen them anywhere else in town. Compared to the pre brewed tea, it is a lot stronger and sharper.


I had the Orange Tea whilst Dr L had the Pearl Milk Tea to go. As some readers would remember, I consider the gold standard for orange tea. By comparison, this one was a bit more sour and bitter, but this could be more the season of oranges rather than the drink itself. The tea wasn't too fragrant but it was quite bitter though, I think I'll stick to Orange Tea for now. As for the Pearl Milk Tea, I tried some and the tea wasn't too strong again and quite watery. I can't understand why their Sunnybank store is so much worse than their Southbank one, so I'll definitely have to go there instead.

Price Range: Under $10pp

Taste: 6.5/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment