Tuesday 11 January 2022

Doodee Boran - Brisbane CBD

 

Some readers would know that I have a tendency to follow my hunger down (dodgy looking) alleyways and to date it has paid off. Due to a lack of laneway culture in Brisbane, I haven't been able to always do the same thing here, but I still try to do so as much as I can. Last week, we did just that and tried out the relatively new Doo Dee Boran, situated in a nondescript laneway along Charlotte Street. 


The restaurant was large and spacious for one so well hidden. Staff were very friendly and attentive during our meal.



Having tried an assortment of Thai food to date, I was used to the salads, noodles, rice and curry dishes on offer and it didn't take long for us to order.


What was quite interesting, and allegedly quite authentic was the numerous sauces and seasonings we were given with our meal, comprising of straight out raw sugar to chili flakes, vinegar chilli and soy chilli, we had quite a few choices. 


My dish of the night was the Ducky Noodle, it was some stir fried soya noodle with roast duck and a side of clear broth. Although the portion looked fairly generous on the plate, there wasn't too much noodles nor duck and it was mostly dominated by garnish and the side of chili soy sauce. The egg noodle itself was quite bouncy and delicious and the duck was flavoursome, but overall I only wish that they had a bit more by way of portions.


Dr L opted for the crab fried rice. It also came with a side of chilli sauce as well as clear broth. The portion was also quite small but delicious. I tried some of it and really enjoyed the morsels of fresh crab that accompanied the rice. I particularly like that the food wasn't overly sweet but wish there was more for us to enjoy, as a main alone wouldn't have been filling enough without sides.

Price Range: $10 - $20pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 6/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment