Saturday 8 January 2022

Bellissimo - Coorparoo


First brunch of the new year and I decided to check out the new Bellissimo Coffee at Coorparoo. A short trek from Annerley, it was easy to locate and parking was also easy to find.

 

Arriving a little earlier than my companion, I took the liberty order a coffee first and browse the menu before she arrived. In addition to an extensive coffee menu, they had an adequate selection of brunch food mainly the traditional classic type with a few modern twists.


I ordered at the counter, the whole place was fantastic with a rustic look about it all, I particularly appreciated the industrial coffee roasting gear around the place. Staff were very friendly.

 

 My first coffee was the cappuccino on skim milk. It was the silkiest and smoothest that I had in a very long time. The coffee was strong, a little bit acidic but not very bitter. Although the milk was skim, it was deliciously rich. When my companion arrived, I ordered an iced long black. This was also smooth and delicious with a strong caffeine hit. 


Food wise, I had the Eggs your way, comprising of  two poached eggs, thick Canadian bacon, roast mushroom, spinach and sourdough. Defaulting to my standard eggs on toast, the eggs were poached well with a runny yolk but solid whites. I was a little disappointed in the solitary slice of white bread, but the amount of spinach and bacon was generous. The bacon was thicker than I am usually used to but still not really as thick as other thick cut bacon I've had previously. The flavours were delicious and the spinach was especially flavoursome. I really enjoyed this dish but wish that there was an additional slice of sourdough.


My companion ordered the Salmon Brioche Toasted Brioche which contained house salmon gravlax, creme fresh and cucumber salsa. I managed to steal a corner of this (for science). The brioche was wonderfully crispy with a fluffy interior. There wasn't as much salmon as I expected, but it was deliciously smokey. I liked the other condiments which were creamy but also still fresh. The dish would have been definitely more enjoyable if there was some more salmon, otherwise it was perfectly enjoyable. I would definitely be keen to come back, especially to buy some freshly roasted coffee.


Price Range: $20 - $30pp

Taste:
Value:
Service:
Environment:

No comments:

Post a Comment