Sunday 23 January 2022

Anita - West End


It's hard to go to West End and not take the opportunity to indulge in dessert after a meal, especially due to the abundance of options available in the area. Last week after grabbing some delicious beef noodles, we headed back across the road to West Village to try out the newly opened Anita Gelato. 



Arriving just before 8pm, there wasn't much of a line, but there was a considerable crowd inside. The line really developed not long after we had sat down and stretched far outside. There were 32 flavours to choose from and a significant amount of them were chocolate based, so whilst Dr L had a hard time deciding, my choice was fairly easy. Prices were expensive at $8.50 for a medium and service was quite abrupt and blunt, but given the staffing shortages everywhere, I guess I should just be grateful they were staffed.


Each ice cream was served either in a cone or a cup that had a complementary waffle. They also came with an environmentally friendly biscuit spoon. Unfortunately staff didn't let me choose which of the two (plain or chocolate) flavours I wanted. Extra spoons are charged at 20c each.

 

I ordered two flavours being the sugar free coffee and Ferrero. Dr L had Dark Chocolate and Hazelnut Wafer. As my first experience with sugar free ice cream, I quite enjoyed it. It was not too sweet and quite creamy. The coffee taste could have been stronger though. I also really liked the ferrero ice cream. It was a bit sweeter than I would have liked but came with delicious hazelnut chunks as well as crunchy wafer. Interestingly enough this largely tasted the same as Dr L's hazelnut wafer except mine had a bit more chocolatey taste to it. His was of course balanced out by the scoop of bittersweet dark chocolate which I also really enjoyed. The wafer on top was fresh and crispy. The spoon was a nice attraction but it softened a bit as we ate, to the point where I was slightly concerned that it wouldn't survive before I finished my ice cream. Luckily it barely did. Overall, it was a strong contender in the area but I don't rate it any higher than Messina or Gelatissimo, my favourite in Brisbane would still be Milany at Market Square.


Price Range: Under $15pp

Taste: 7/10
Value: 5/10
Service: 2/10
Environment: 8/10
 

No comments:

Post a Comment