Friday 14 January 2022

The Green - Fortitude Valley


Sometimes, you have a really really big night and get completely smashed. The morning after is never fun, especially when you have committed to brunch catch ups. Luckily for me, we weren't going anywhere with a heavy menu, but instead were booked in for The Green, on James Street in the Valley.

 

The menu comprised of light options as well as a few middle eastern inspired dishes. Needless to say I stuck with the basics and had the lighter options. Being located in a mixed nursery and cafe was quite novel but of course there was an issue of insects during our meal, despite being seated indoors.

 

Having already had a coffee earlier on, I opted for some cold pressed juice for a detox whilst my companion had a piccolo. My juice was nothing special as it wasn't made fresh, my friend said her piccolo was reasonably strong and delicious.



In terms of food, my companion had The Green Bowl which contained falafels, green tahini, freekeh tabouli, avocado, pickles, a poached egg and pistachio dukkah. Whilst fresh and flavoursome, the egg definitely erred on the side of being overcooked.


Still recovering from the night before, I went with the Scrambled Eggs with Sourdough, tomato chutney and pepper. The scrambled eggs were velvety soft and done quite well, whilst the toast was nicely charred without being burnt. As always, I would have preferred an extra slice of bread as one was not really enough for bunch and two would have been more preferable, especially given the price.

Price Range: $20 - $30pp

Taste: 7/10
Value: 4/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment