Thursday 2 October 2014

Nitrogenie - Southbank

I've been wanting to go to Nitrogenie for since November last year when someone told me about ice cream made with Nitrogen, however due to a multitude of circumstances, such as going to other places or seeing a massive line, I have not been able to go until today (((o(*゚▽゚*)o))) .

Nitrogenie is on Little Stanley Street, next to the lolly shop. It actually took a while to find, because I thought all the main attractions in Southbank were situated on Grey Street. Need to remember to look at the map next time ~(˘▾˘)~.




There were only a couple of customers today, so it was a good time to take a look at how they made the ice cream.


From what I saw, they poured in the liquid ice cream, and turned the beater on whilst adding liquid nitrogen to the mix. Tres cool !


This is what I got, a regular size Nutella Ella Ella. It struck me as one of the smoothest ice creams I've had! Another thing that I really liked was that their ice cream was flavourful, but not overly sweet. But for $7, it was almost as expensive as my lunch. I would also have preferred if they had more than six flavours to choose from. With Gelatissimo being my usual ice cream joint, I usually have no problem deciding what flavours I would like. At Nitrogenie, they had none of my usual coffee flavours, let alone green tea. Overall, it was a positive experience, and satisfied my long time curiosity, but I'll probably save the next time for a special event.

Price Range: $7~$9

Taste: 7/10
Value: 4/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 5/10





Nitrogenie on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment