Sunday 19 October 2014

That Viet Place - Sunnybank

Anyone who has gone to Sunnybank lately will notice a large assortment of new restaurants opening on a previously unused side of SunnyPark Shopping Centre. One recent addition to that area is That Viet Place.


That Viet Place has a portion of outdoor seating, and a portion of indoor seating. As an indoors person, there was no question I would choose to sit inside.




The menu consists of two pages. We found it rather amusing to find that Udon was an option in a Vietnamese Restaurant. Other than that, the usual pho, bun and broken rice etc were offered.

Each table had an assortment of sauces, the waiter was kind enough to come around after we had ordered to explain the different types of sauces and which dishes they accompany.






My usual at any Vietnamese restaurant is always Pho. As mentioned in my post on Fat Noodle, I judge whether a pho is good based upon its soup, noodles and beef. As you can see, the soup was rather oily, and a bit lacking in flavour, not unsimilar to Fat Noodle actually. The noodles itself were fresh and smooth. The beef was a bit overcooked in my opinion, but that's just a personal preference.


This is the Special Beef Noodle. It has the same soup base, and the same noodles, but with additional beef tripe, tendons and beef balls. 



The Broken Rice, on the other hand, was quite nice. The pork chop was very tasty, and I really enjoyed the complimentary soup. The two types of egg provided a nice contrast, whilst the rice was of good texture.


This is the anchovy vermicelli noodle soup. My buddy who ordered it definitely had very mixed feelings about it. She was hoping for something decidedly lighter and less meaty, which was why we had expected noodles with soup. What we were served actually was noodles in anchovy soup, with pork belly and vietnamese sausage. So whilst I enjoyed the spiciness and flavour of the soup, it wasnt what I was looking for.


I guess that for a newly opened store, That Viet Place has quite a few areas of improvement, but the service was really friendly and made up for what was lacking. I did thoroughly enjoy my time there.


Price Range: $9 - $15 per person

Taste: 6/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 7/10




That Viet Place on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment