Tuesday 14 October 2014

Tea Master - Fortitude Valley

Vegetarian food. Everyone who truly knows me would be shocked to hear that I went to a vegetarian restaurant on my own free will. You will all be pleasantly surprised to know that I did go to eat vegetarian by my own accord, after I read about Tea Master in Fortitude Valley (*‿*✿).


One Friday afternoon I dragged my food buddy with me for lunch, and we wandered off to Fortitude Valley to Tea Master.

Between the two of us, we ordered two mains and two sides.
The dumplings had a good flavour and texture to the insides. However I found the skin to be a bit thick. I also appreciate a side of dipping sauce for dumplings when served without soup. In this instance it was not provided.



The second side we ordered was far more captivating, the salt and pepper fried 'chicken' pieces were actually made of soy beans. We were really impressed with its texture and now meaty it tasted.


Similar could be said for the 'chicken' in Kung Pao 'Chicken' Rice. The tofu was a good meaty texture, and the sauce was quite yummy. I'm not sure if it was spicy enough to be kung pao style though.




I ordered the 'Roast Duck' Noodles. I found it quite surprising that they didnt have a noodles soup option, but rather only noodles and sauce. On a positive note, the sauce was very yummy and the noodles weren't too dry. The 'duck' though, was very very good. It exceeded my expectations in copying the texture of duck meat. Even without soup, I thoroughly enjoyed my noodles at Tea Master.

As a self proclaimed carnivore, I found Tea Master to be a refreshing and healthy change from the usual daily grind. Will definitely return.

Price Range: $10-$15 per person

Taste: 8/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 6/10
Environment: 5/10


Tea Master on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment