Friday 19 June 2015

Ph By Pho Hung - Garden City


Without a doubt since the refurbishment of Garden City, one of the places I've always wanted to to was Ph by Pho Hung, but every time I go there, I either end up at Motto Motto, or 8 Street. But after my confidante had mentioned how good it was there, I decided that it was time to try it out myself.


There was a little bit of confusion at the beginning because we didnt know whether to order and pay at the counter first or last. Turned out it was pay last. Staff were quite busy that day and it took a while before we were given a table.


Cutlery was provided on the table.


The menu was split into drinks and food menu.


We shared the pork and prawn rice paper roll, I found the fillings to be very ample, and refreshing. The pork was tender and the prawns were fresh. My companion enjoyed it immensely.


Shortly after, our sprouts arrived for our Pho. I note they were also rather fresh and didnt have as many dead ends as other places.


My companion ordered the Special Beef Pho.


I ordered the Rare Beef Pho. I found it really quite delicious. The soup was light, but strongly flavoured, it was definitely far better than the offering at fat noodle, and probably on par with rice paper at runcorn, but not as good as trang's. I could definitely appreciate the herbs and spices in the soup. I found the noodles to have a really good texture, being really smooth and nicely cooked. I found the beef to be quite tender too, although I would have preferred it to be a bit more on the rare side.

Price Range: $10 - $20 per person

Taste: 7.5/10
Value: 6/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 8/10


Click to add a blog post for Ph By Pho Hung on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment