Wednesday 10 June 2015

Pizza Caffe - UQ St Lucia


With my friend visiting, one of the many places that we decided to visit was UQ. In deciding were to have lunch, a friend suggested that we go to the Pizza Caffe, situated near the main refectory. 


There was quite a line up when we arrived at around 1pm. The crowds were chatty and the atmosphere was quite light. It really reminded me of  my uni days.



For a pizza joint, I found the menu to be quite extensive, with 26 pizzas each named after a letter in the alphabet, and a selection of traditional pizzas and sides. 


Between the two of us, we shared a Pepperoni Mozarella and a Fellini.


Of the two, my favourite was undoubtedly the Fellini. I liked how well the smokiness of the salmon went down with the tangy cheese. It didnt have the heaviness of the regular meat lovers pizza that I usually order. The salmon was really fresh, but of course my personal preference is to have it raw, but in this case the flesh wasnt too coarse for my liking due to the added oil of the cheese, which definitely added to softening the texture of the salmon.  Additionally, I really appreciated the base. Usually, I am more of a fan of deep pan pizza bases, because I find the thin and crispy ones too hard and sometimes injure my mouth on them, but I found the freshly made base to be very delicious and crispy.


The Pepperoni Pizza paled in comparison to the salmon one, but was still very good though. The pepperoni was nicely seasoned and quite spicy. I had tossed up ordering more cheese but I was pleasantly surprised to find it had quite an ample amount of cheese. Again, I loved the freshly made pizza base.

Price Range: $10 - $15 per person

Taste: 8/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 6/10 (counter service)
Environment: 6/10 (was difficult to find seating)



Click to add a blog post for UQ Pizza Caffe on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment