Thursday 6 August 2015

AJ's Noodle House - Brisbane CBD


A close friend of mine wanted to meet up for lunch lately, and when he asked where I recommended for Pho in the CBD, AJ's Noodle House outside of Elizabeth Arcade immediately sprang to mind. When we arrived there at 11.45, we managed to get the last table available, and after that we could see the line growing outside. I definitely recommend going outside the peak lunch hours to avoid waiting for an excessive period. 

 

The menu is rather short, consisting of one page, double sided with a total of 18 things on the menu. 


The place was definitely busy, and decor was limited. 


Between the two of us, we actually ordered two bowls of rare beef pho. The sprouts came out shortly, and were clean, crisp and fresh.


Whilst not huge in serving size, I found the quantity to be ample for its purposes. The beef could have been rarer for my tastes, however it was definitely sufficiently tender and thinly sliced, which I definitely enjoyed. The broth was deliciously light, I could taste the subtle flavours of the onion and spices. A clear soup to being with assured me that it was not recycled (unlike some other restaurants which I had attended and never gone back to). The noodles itself was nice and soft. Compared to other places in the CBD, this is definitely one of the my preferred places to go for pho, especially during the lunch hours.














Price Range: $10 - $15 per person

Taste: 7.5/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 6/10
Environment: 6/10

Click to add a blog post for AJ Vietnamese Noodle House on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment