Monday 17 August 2015

German Sausage Hut - Brisbane CBD


If you walk along Burnett lane, one definitely cannot miss the German Sausage Hut. For a number of years, I've walked past it and wanted to try it out. I have tried to go on more than four occasions but arrived to find the place closed. For a store maintain its existence on such limited opening hours I was quite sure that it must be very good at what it does. So I tracked down the store's opening hours and met up with a friend for lunch last Tuesday.




We ordered at the counter and were given a number.


My companion ordered a frankfurter with chips and an extra sausage. I stole some of his chips, and they were very crispy and delicious, but as I have said on several occasions, with the increased competition on the food scene, it is probably better to make your chips stand out more by having herb seasoning of some kind to set itself apart from other generic chips. Nevertheless, they were tasty and we enjoyed them. The frankfurters were nicely grilled to be crispy on the outside, and juicy on the inside. 


I got the bratwurst and mash. The portion of mash provided was quite generous, and there were sufficient lumps to convince me that it wasn't premix, which was appreciated, and the gravy was warm and comforting. Again my sausage was crispy on the outside, but warm and juicy on the inside. It complemented the gravy and onions very well to create a very homey comforting lunch.

Price Range: $10 - $20 per person

Taste: 7/10
Value: 9/10
Service: 7/10
Environment; 7/10


Click to add a blog post for German Sausage Hut on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment