Saturday 5 September 2015

Belle Epoque Patisserie - Fortitude Valley


After trying out Chouquette, the next French pastry store on my hit list was Belle Epoque which is situated in the Emporium at Fortitude Valley. We went to have morning tea there.



I liked the setting of the place, which reminded me of a quaint village bakery.


As usual, I took time to stand in awe of the pastry cabinet, which was separated in to savory and sweet shelves.



We ordered and were given a number.


Whilst we waited, we were pleasantly entertained by a pigeon on the cobbled pathway.


My friend ordered a cheese quiche, which she said didn't contain enough cheese. It was also only barely warm. Other than that, the tomato added a nice tang to the dish. 


I tried the custard doughnut, which had a good texture, but was also quite cold. I would have liked it better if it was warmed up a bit more though. Otherwise, the doughnut was quite delicious, it was quite similar what I've gotten in Le Bon Choix on multiple occasions before.


To wash it down, my friend ordered an English Breakfast.


I ordered a flat white, which had velvety foam on top, and was of good strength in taste, but could have been a bit stronger in smell. 


Price Range: $10 - $20 per person

Taste: 6/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10


Belle Epoque Patisserie on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment