Tuesday 22 September 2015

Mr Claude - Brisbane CBD


Working near Eagle Street in the city means that I walk past a short little laneway off Elizabeth Street. For as long as I can remember, I've noted a lot of utes and trucks parked in there. Thinking thats where tradies go to park when they do jobs in the city, I didn't think much of it until I saw the Corbett & Claude sign go up at the entrance to the alleway.


Looking down, I noted two little doors. One was to Corbett & Claude, a branch to the Italian restaurant that had opened in the Station Road Dining Precinct in Indooroopilly. The second one was the entrance to Mr Claude, a little coffee and pastry shop. As my mother had already packed me lunch for the day, I decided to pop in with a friend and get some coffee.




The shopfront was quite small, and had a very rustic feel to it. With a coffee menu on the left, and a small selection of pastries and sandwiches on the right. Service was very friendly and chatty.

 

My companion ordered the cappuccino whilst I ordered the cold drip coffee. Whilst the coffee wasn't as strong as he would have liked, he said that it was definitely very creamy. What I found quite impressive though, was the shaved chocolate on top of the coffee (as contrasted to the usual cocoa powder, which I usually accidentally inhale and end up making a scene as I choke on it). I was very impressed with the cold drip coffee though. Compared to the other cold drip coffees that I've had over the years, this one is made fresh in house, and mixed after you order. For $3, I found it exceptionally good value. I really enjoy cold drip coffee, because it eliminates the sour acidity that you may get when coffee is slightly burnt, this was definitely the case for the cold drip at Mr Claude's, which I really appreciated. I will definitely come here fore the cold drip during summer for a refreshing coffee.

Price Range: Under $5 for a coffee

Taste: 8/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10


Mr. Claude Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. great review! that sourness/acidity is generally from under extracted coffee though. Burnt coffee is usually from an over extracted espresso or dirty machine
    :)

    ReplyDelete