Sunday 13 September 2015

Lindt Cafe - Brisbane Airport


Having gone to Sydney a couple times in the last few years, one of my main regrets was not trying out the Lindt Cafe (as I was too busy eating at other places). Imagine my joy when they opened their first branch at Airport DFO. I was even more overjoyed with their promotion of giving away 100 lindt balls to the first 100 customers. So of course. I got up at 6.30 in the morning to get there at 7.45 and line up for over two hours 



The interesting thing about the Brisbane store is that unlike the other Lindt stores, they only offer drinks (no cakes/pastries), and there are no seats. I would have really been impressed if they'd offered other foods and seating too.


Before long, the line got quite long and reached out the door.


After a rather long wait (during which I had to send my companion to gather food), we were able to go in and make our purchase. I settled for the extra fine swiss things in dark chocolate.


They had prepared the 100 lindt balls behind the counter and every customer was given a bag as they paid.


Despite not having cakes, they had quite a selection of hot and cold drinks, which were prepared on site.


Wanting to try the drinks, I got the Signature Dark Hot Chocolate. I expected it to be similar to the Italian Hot Chocolate at Max Brenner or the Spanish Chocolate at San Churro, but it turned out to be significantly less sweet than any of the above, and a lot more liquid-y. The chocolate tasted more like milk chocolate than dark as well.

 


Nevertheless, we were absolutely thrilled to get the 100 free chocolates, which came in 16 different flavours, giving us a nice taste of each.

Price Range: approx $5 per drink

Taste: 6/10 (for the drink)
Value: 8/10 (the deals were very good value compared to supermarket prices)
Service: 7/10
Environment: 6/10 (seats would have been nice)

Lindt Chocolate Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment