Saturday 19 September 2015

Morgan's - Redcliffe


Fish and chips, isn't usually something that I would spend excessive amounts of time travelling to get, except my classmates told me that Morgans, at Redcliffe had the best fish and chips in Brisbane. Having gone there quite a few times as a kid, I definitely remember it as something I'd enjoy every several months. Seeing that the weather was quite beautiful last weekend, we braved the treacherous trek up to the north. 



The store is broken up into two parts, one that sells fresh raw seafood, whereas the other half sells cooked fish and chips.




We took our time to appreciate the fresh seafood before ordering our lunch.





Despite the fact that we got there at around 2 in the afternoon, we were very surprised to see a significant line up of people waiting to get their lunch. For those who are familiar with my posts, I am actually a huge fan of being able to see the food before it is cooked, which ensured to me that the fish was freshly fried.


After ordering, we sat and got to appreciate our food being prepared.


We ordered a family pack and a couple of extras. There was a not insignificant wait before our food was served, and there was a slight mixup with what we ordered and what we got. Thankfully it was sorted out very promptly.



Seating was outdoors, and on Scarborough boat harbour. I note that there were a lot of seagulls around the place, so there was a little trouble finding a table without bird droppings on them.



Our food arrived soon after us finding a table.


The family pack consisted of chips, four pieces of fish, some calamari and some prawns. We got extra prawns and extra whiting.


The fish fillets were apparently Hake, I like how the batter was light, and the fish was reasonably flaky. It was freshly fried, lightly salted and definitely not too oily, which made it quite delicious. 


The chips were super crispy, as they were freshly fried also. It was served with a pack of aioli, which tasted a bit more like tartare sauce to me. 


The whiting fillets were nicely deboned, and calamari wasn't too chewy, which made it rather delicious. 

Whilst I've read a lot of mixed reviews about Morgan's I can say that it still lives up to what I was used to back in my youth, and still enjoyed it immensely.

Price Range: $10 - $20 per person

Taste: 7/10
Value; 5/10
Service: 5/10
Environment: 7.5/10


Morgans Seafood Takeaway Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment