Monday 9 November 2015

Capri Bar - Fortitude Valley


After a friend had recently tried Capri at The Emporium, she highly recommended it to me. Although our initial plan was to try out Tartufo at Emporium, my companion and I saw the dimmi flash sale a couple of weeks ago and jumped at the opportunity. We arrived a bit earlier than our reservation, and grabbed a table inside. Service was impeccable from the start, with the hostess being warm and friendly, offering to provide us with answers to any queries we had with the menu, and promptly providing us with chilled water, as the evening was quite warm. Whilst I didn't take a picture of the menu, it was quite substantial and covered pizzas, pastas and mains. I was a little surprised to see a lack of desserts though.


As I was in the process of recovering from a bout of the flu brought on by the recent changes in weather, my companion and I decided to keep the meal relatively light and only shared two mains. The first one we ordered was the crab and scallop risotto. It came in a huge plate, and whilst the portions looked underwhelming, the serving size was actually not too small. The sauce was rich and creamy, and there was a very generous portion of scallops in the dish. We counted around ten scallops in the dish. I would have enjoyed it more if it had a bit more crab meat in it though. The risotto was soft and cooked to a good creamy texture, which blended in with the sauce. 


As I wasn't feeling too hungry that evening, we also settled for a margarita pizza, which was relatively light, and very cheesy. The issues I usually encounter with margarita pizzas are that the tomato sauce usually overwhelms any other flavours. The tomato sauce was very complementary with the cheese and herbs, and the crust, although not exceptionally thin, had a very chewy and springy texture to it, which I enjoyed greatly.



Price Range: $20 - $30 per person

Taste: 8.5/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 9.5/10
Environment: 8.5/10
Capri Cafe Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment