Wednesday 4 November 2015

Comfort at my Table - Milton


Having been out trying different breakfast places lately, we took the opportunity to try out Comfort at My Table, which had been a highly recommended to me by several friends. Unfortunately though, I happened to go after a change of management, but I decided to try it out anyway. We drove to Toowong and had quite a bit of trouble finding parking, and ended up parking quite a fair distance away.


The shop was rather empty at the time, which should have sent a clear message to me (having previously had to wait for a table at pablo, double shot and au cirque during the Saturday morning brunch rush).


Menus were provided, and it was surprising that despite the restaurant being relatively empty, it still took quite a bit of effort to flag down a waiter to take our orders.


My coffee came not long after that though, The coffee itself was velvety smooth and had an intricate design on the top. I liked the texture of the foam very much, although I would have liked it more if it were stronger.


My companion and I shared mains as usual, This was the smashed avocado on sourdough. For me, it was a little underwhelming. The bread was a little chewy and I would have liked it more if it was better toasted, and the avocado was a bit more ripe and a bit more seasoned. The bacon could have been fried a little more crispier.


The savoury mince was very disappointing for me.  Whilst the flavours were warm and comforting, due to the mushrooms, caramelized onions and rocket, it lacked the additional zing which would have made it something more. On the mince, I found it to be very wet and moist, as contrasted to the one I had at pablo. It actually made the bread quite mushy and rather unpalatable, perhaps separating it out to serve would have made it a bit better.

Price Range: $15 - $25 per person

Taste: 5/10
Value: 5/10
Service: 4/10
Environment: 5/10

Comfort at My Table Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment