Tuesday 12 July 2016

Chur Express - Brisbane CBD


Still easing back to my normal routine after so many trips interstate, I inevitably forgot to bring my packed lunch, and was faced with the difficult decision as to what to get for lunch. Wandering along Eagle Street, I stumbled along Chur Express. Having gone to their other store in Fortitude Valley, I was interested in trying out. 


I liked how their stores have consistency, noting the same sign from their Valley Store situated on the counter of their Eagle Street branch. As it was counter service, I lined up, made my order and got a number.


Despite the abundance of seats at Eagle Street, I still opted to bring my lunch back to my seat rather than attempt to eat with the cold winter breezes in my face.


For $16, I got a beef burger combo which came with chips and orange juice.



The beef burger came on a thankfully unseeded bun, which was nicely toasted and fluffy on the inside, being a significant improvement from their other store. As a typical cheeseburger, it contained beef, cheese, pickles and a very large amount of mustard mayo. The beef patty was sufficiently thick, and well seasoned, whilst cooked to a medium rare state. Despite this, it was still surprisingly tough and the meaty sinews a bit coarse. I liked how the cheese and pickles complemented each other, but didn't really like the copious amount of mustard mayo it contained, a significant reduction would have increased my appreciation of the burger quite a bit.


When it came to the chips, I was quite impressed with the relatively large portion that came with the combo, and really liked how it was freshly fried and quite crispy. The downside though was it was definitely much too salty for my tastes.


Price Range: $12 - $20pp

Taste: 7/10
Value: 6/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 6/10
Chur Burger Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment