Wednesday 17 August 2016

Coffee Anthology - Brisbane CBD


A couple of my lunch buddies would know that Coffee Anthology, which has quite a following, has been long on my hit list for lunch, but being situated a fair distance away from work, on Margaret Street, we only found the motivation to go for the long walk after a late night out.


We were given a table inside (thankfully) and was very please to get sparkling water on tap. Having been to quite a few restaurants and cafes in Brisbane, this was honestly the first to come with complementary sparkling water, which was very impressive.


We were given menus which contained a variety of typical cafe fare.


There were also a selection of cake, sandwiches and other brunch-y options on display at the counter.



My companion ordered the Tie Guan Yin which was surprisingly very small in portion, only having enough to make one and a half shot glasses. Scent wise, it was very fragrant and strong, but we really didnt like the portion size, and would have preferred a larger pot, with the teapot left on our table so that we could control how long we steeped the tea for.


Unlike my companion, I definitely opted for a coffee, which is what Coffee Anthology is famous for. Opting for my regular cappuccino, I was surprised to be served coffee which didn't have chocolate on top of it. Upon drinking it though, there was an undisputable chocolate-y taste to it. I enjoyed the rich foam and the strong but not burnt coffee.


My companion ordered the brekky roll, which had egg and bacon. He really liked the hollondaise sauce on the bun, it complimented the bacon, which had just the right fat content, the bun was soft and could be neatly eaten with both hand or cutlery. The egg inside was well cooked, and a good filler, but the yolk wasn't runny. Having a long night before, it was the perfect comfort food and cured his hangover headache.


I opted for the Eggs Benedict served with salmon and an added side of bacon. Whilst not apparent in the photo, it was served with a slice of sourdough. The eggs were probably the most undercooked that I've had in a while, with the whites being no more than a semi translucent with a jelly kind of texture. Whilst I do prefer my eggs to be a bit more cooked, they went really well with the Hollandaise sauce. The bacon was thick cut, and whilst I was expecting thin bacon, it was very substantial and meaty with a strong smokey flavour. I would have liked for there to be more than one slice of bread though. 


Price Range: $10 - $25pp

Taste: 8.5/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10

Coffee Anthology Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment