Monday 8 August 2016

Sparrow and Finch - Brisbane CBD



Having gone to a number of restaurants in Gresham Lane, the long delayed next stop on our hit list was Sparrow and Finch, which is on the post office square end of the laneway. Having walked past it on several occasions, I note that it is very popular during lunch times, so a few colleagues and I went off to try it out.



It is counter service, and the menu is found behind the counter.


An extensive array of salads are also available for viewing at the counter.


After ordering, we grabbed one of the seats in the laneway.


My neighbour ordered the lasagne, which was also on display. It came with a small bowl of side salad. Being already premade, it was definitely a far cry from the one I tried at Vapiano. The lasagne was a bit on the mushy side an could have been meatier and cheesier. The salad was generous in size, and the feta gave it quite a bit of needed flavour. 


Being reluctant to order premade food, I got a Beef Burger, which is freshly made from the kitchen. It took quite a significant time to be made, considering that some of my companions had already finished their meals by the time my burger arrived. Nevertheless the burger was nice and hot, grilled on the inside with a nice crunchy toasted inside. The beef patty was generously thick, and the bacon quite tasty. I liked the runny fried egg which gave it a bit of needed moisture. I also appreciated the large portion of chips provided.
Price Range: $10 - $20pp

Taste: 6.5/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 6/10
Environment: 6/10


Sparrow & Finch Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment