Saturday 21 March 2020

Chouquette - Brisbane CBD


I was quite devastated when I heard that Madder's Brothers in the CBD had closed down, having grown quite partial to their pastries and treats, it was hard to imagine where else I would go to get my fix of sweets. My prayers were finally answered when Chouquette, a famous New Farm Pattiserie took up the premises to ensure my continued supply of Pain au Chocolat.


Despite the change of ownership, there wasn't too much difference to the setup aside for the noticeable lack of purple apparel.



With a large selection of cakes, tasrts and pastries it was extremely hard to decide on what to order and I definitely wanted it all.


Kicking off with drinks, I had a skinny cappuccino whilst Iron Fist had a long black. Although they were served in super adorable cups, they were fairly standard by way of quality of coffee being bitter and strong but the milk could have been richer and creamier.


I had a ham and cheese baguette. I asked for it to be served toasted, this was really wholesome with a warm chewy crust and a dense filling. The cheese was melty and sharp, the ham was ample and it made for a super satisfying and comforting snack.


Iron Fist also got a ham and cheese quiche and a ham and cheese croissant. He found both to be flaky and decadent.


From the cake displays I ordered a slice of Shades of Chocolate to go. This was super sweet and super rich. The mousse was exceptionally smooth and decadent. I would definitely recommend trying this with a friend.


Also having a pain au chocolate of course, this was light, flakey and contained a good amount of rich bittersweet chocolate which I definitely recommend. Can't wait to come back for more soon.
Price Range:

Taste: 8.5/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10
Chouquette Patisserie & Café Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete