Wednesday 18 March 2020

Eat Sushi - Brisbane CBD


Always never one to turn down sushi, especially when it opened underneath my workplace, I was excited to try out the brand new Eat Sushi at Eagle Street Pier despite my previous meal at their Underwood branch so we headed there for a quick dinner after work.


At $3.80 per plate, the prices were on par with Sushi Edo, the local market leader for flat priced sushi, so it made for a good point of comparision, especially when the nearest Sushi Edo was only a few hundred meteres away on Elizabeth Street.



Seating was quite limited, but seeing as we were the first ones there that night, we had quite a few options and opted for the bar table. The options on the train that evening weren't overly attractive, so we settled with ordering everything via iPad. Truth be told, I prefer it that way as the sushi is fresher anyway.

 

Kicking off with a salmon avocado nigiri and a tobiko ship, the tobiko ship was superior to Sushi Edo purely because it had double the amount of tobiko and wasn't bulked up with the addition of cucumber. The same cannot be said for the salmon avocado nigiri though, both the salmon and avocado were very thinly sliced and the rice wasn't too compressed either. I also found the avocado to be fairly unripened and firm.


 

The lack of fillings and rice was consistent across our experience with all three handrolls, salmon avocado, tuna avocado and unagi. In all my years of consuming hand rolls, I don't believe I have ever had any that were so deficient in rice. Again the fish was thinly sliced which was in turn quite disapponting. Having said that though, the flavour combinations and freshness weren't too bad.

 

Other dishes we had included the Aburi Wagyu Nigiri which my companion really enjoyed. He found the beef to be smooth and tender, but I still found it to be thinner sliced than other places. We also had a serve of chirashi roll, which contained an assortment of seafood including salmon, tuna and tempura prawns. This was by far the more generous portion of all the dishes and I quite enjoyed it. Overall, would I be back though? Unlikely.


Price Range: $3.80 per plate

Taste: 6/10
Value: 4/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10

Eat Sushi Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment